No idea . . . .

 . . .. why the blogosphere is so full of ramblings, but there are some really talented writers out there who are generally ignored. That's a shame when the likes of Stephen Fry babble to insane levels to the rest of the twitterati and political blogs pump out their dull propaganda. I follow a few twitters and blogs and the blogs are far better - that's what they're supposed to be I suppose. However, they do soak up a lot of time which is why I try to restrict the number I read. Others I know don't and spend far more time than I do reading online and commenting with abandon.

These days I tend to stick to blogs with painted leads to view and not too much reading matter. That wasn't always the case and I used to spend hours catching up on the opinions of people I didn't know, never met and never hoped to. What's the point? It's not like  I was reading a Neil Gaiman book or catching up on events of a friend. So are these simply virtual diaries meant just to provide an outlet for our thoughts or creative juices without any thought of who, if anyone, might read them? 

Missed Salute today. I didn't actually miss it as I never intended to go so missed might be too strong a word for it.  I didn't go to the Triples of to Vapnartak either. This was also intentional as I've grown tired of shows and can get what I need/want off the net. Nevertheless, I'll go to Partizan, but only to see people  I know. It's usually a day of short conversations and mickey taking interspersed with lead browsing and parting with money, often on impulse buys that will remain unpainted for possibly years or be eventually given away. I illustrate this point with thte photo below of Foundry Vikings donated by Frank when I was going through my Dark Age phase. IIRC he got them from a chap in America during his Dark Age phase. More impulse buys? Probably not - you don't impulse buy Foundry figures if you live in the States!

Comments