A good read . . .

I don't often promote blogs for the sake of it because I like so many and for different reasons and it seems uncharitable to the rest to single out any particular one. However, every so often (very often among the people I follow) you come across a blog which is simply a good read. There are plenty of examples of this in the list to the left. 

Sean (from his Wargames Corner) suggested a blog worth visiting, so I read it. Not all of it yet, you understand, but enough to be convinced it really is a good read. The blog is called "The Royalist Roundhead", nicely written by one Justin Penwith who already appears to be familiar to some of you. He's an eclectic gamer and a talented modeller and, although not everything he's interested in will be common ground, the blog is, nonetheless, worth a read. He is currently reminiscing about a comic called 'Knights of the Dinner Table' which is best left to him to describe. Interesting though, so you might want to give it a go.

Despite being close to seven feet tall (well, at a modest 5'6" - 5'7" on payday - he looks it to me), he's as yet beset by some of the worst luck you could imagine,  which makes me wonder if being tall isn't everything. Anyway, he's in need of an uplift of sorts, so get to it - I think you'll be glad you did.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the mention Gary. I'm glad you liked Justin's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a follower of his for a while but a horrible bit of bad luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary, I came across this post because of another's comment on my blog. I do appreciate the sentiment and compliments you have expressed here.

    Also, I am merely 6'3" in height, so I must humbly correct any notion that I am closing in on seven feet.

    On the other hand, I feel all gamers are giants in their own right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justin, good to see you. I fall so short of being a giant in so many ways,not least in height. While I was giving my wedding speech a man at the back kept shouting "Stand up!" What makes it difficult to accept is that the other males in our clan are six feet and up. However, I believe they've been thumped more often than I have . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have hit my head a lot, on low overhangs and ceiling fans. I was also annoyed considerably by constant comments as to my suitability to play basket ball and that I was losing out by not playing ( I dislike the game ). My brother in law is 6'5" and his eldest daughter is an inch shorter than I. The rest of the females in the clan barely reach 5'. Genetics is such a fickle thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter's taller than me and my son's a six footer. My grandson, at just turned two years old, is little short of three feet tall.

      The gene pool attendant certainly wasn't paying attention when I was swimming in it.

      :O(

      Delete

Post a Comment